The “Be” Foundation fulfills the will of Małgosia Braunek, a legendary Polish film and stage actress, also a long-time practitioner and teacher of Zen Buddhism, who died of a malignant tumor in June 2014. When, at a certain stage of treatment, conventional medicine (three operations, chemotherapy sessions) was no longer able to help her, Małgosia learned that in other countries, including neighboring Germany, integrated therapies, combining modern achievements of scientific medicine, have been used for years with complementary medicine that heals not only diseased organs but the entire human body. Unfortunately, Małgosia was no longer able to use these methods, but she left her last will – to create an “information and study center for a holistic approach in medicine” and to use the funds collected by friends and many people of good will for her treatment for this purpose.
I am deeply touched by the extremely kind response to the letter informing about my illness and asking for financial support for further treatment in a specialist clinic in Germany, which, apart from the best methods of Western medicine, also offers the wisdom of traditional Eastern medicine. Such a holistic approach to the patient gives the best chance of recovery, so I am happy that thanks to the generosity of many people, this possibility opens up to me. I am very grateful for that. I thought that if more money is raised than what I need for treatment, we will set up a fund to help people with cancer as well as a center for information and studies on holistic approach in medicine that heals the whole person, not just his organs and diseases. This is what I have learned from my illness, and this is what I lack in Poland.
I wish everyone health, cheerfulness, and a smile, which is the best medicine in life!
The Małgosia Braunek “Be” Foundation expresses the social need for a profound reform of health care in Poland, especially in the context of treating oncological and chronic diseases. The Foundation promotes and supports an integrated approach to both health and disease, inspired by the life philosophy of Małgosia Braunek and her personal experience of cancer. We initiate and support the cooperation of various fields of conventional and unconventional medicine by spreading substantive, reliable knowledge about comprehensive, integrated medicine and the need for comprehensive human treatment. Today’s highly unsatisfactory state of cancer medicine and treatment of chronic diseases results from the lack of such knowledge. Therefore, we raise the awareness of sick people, as well as the medical community, about an integrated approach in treatment that gives the best chance to improve health. We conduct extensive activities in the context of the prevention of oncological and chronic diseases and the possibility of their non-toxic, holistic treatment.
The main branch of the foundation’s activity is health education in the field of psychology, spirituality, and the body, as well as reliable, supporting, and complementary methods. These are workshops, lectures, educational campaigns, and support groups we organize. The second branch is faith – changing beliefs and raising public awareness of the legitimacy of an integral approach to health.
There are many methods and ways of taking care of oneself. In line with our philosophy of integrated approach to health and treatment, we recommend natural, safe methods of supporting the body during treatment at every level: physical, mental, and spiritual. We strive to become a leading promoter, the largest and most reliable source of information in Poland on active, holistic care for health, integrative medicine in the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases.
- Wide, open knowledge as a basis for understanding cancer and integrated methods of its treatment
- Empathy and understanding (compassion) for the situation of sick people and the desire to help
- Respect for life. Even – or even more so – in illness and caring for life’s quality, without pain and suffering
- Integrity. An integrated, holistic approach to man and the holistic concept of health at the physical, mental and spiritual levels
- Cooperation. With different environments
- Support. Creating a community in sickness as well as among healthy people with common interests being able to exchange knowledge
- People suffering from cancer and other chronic diseases with a sense of being lost, anxious, powerlessness towards health care in Poland and in the absence of a broader knowledge of various methods of supporting treatment.
- Relatives of patients with cancer and other chronic diseases with a sense of ignorance, helplessness and inability to support patients, often withdrawn from assistance, unable to communicate in the event of a disease, not responding to the needs of patients due to lack of knowledge and unconsciousness, themselves often in need of help and support.
- Medical environment – authorities, specialists and general practitioners, making diagnoses, so far oriented primarily on classic methods of treatment, lacking tradition and trust in research and treatment of the whole organism.
- Unconscious part of society rarely examining, without knowledge of the need for prevention and an integrative approach to health.
- A conscious part of society seeking to expand knowledge interested in a healthy lifestyle, a holistic approach to health, prevention and treatment of chronic diseases.